Setting it apart from other courses of study, the curriculum boasts both scientific and design components and involves specialists in Russia and abroad in the fields of supercomputer simulations and high-performance computer systems. Graduates are sought after by IT departments of government corporations, major IT firms and scientific research institutions.
The Master’s programme in Supercomputer Simulations in Science and Engineering from National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) aims to prepare professionals in an interdisciplinary field, which intersects with computer technologies, natural science and engineering.
In addition to providing a comprehensive education in science, the programme offers training in high-performance computing and information sciences, including individual study tracks and research activities.
What are the Programme’s key advantages?
- Combination of research and projects based at leading research and engineering institutions;
- Some of the courses are taught in English, and some of them also include lectures and workshops by globally renowned professors and foreign experts;
- Academic mobility programmes; internships at leading research centres and universities;
- Research internships at engineering and academic institutions;
- Weekly research seminar ‘Supercomputer Simulations in Science and Engineering,’ which involves students in global research projects and takes them to international conferences;
- All lecturers involved in the Master’s programme have doctoral degrees from leading Russian or international universities and are the authors of numerous books and textbooks, as well as leading experts in their respective fields.
Graduates of the Master’s programme are usually able to find work in various interdisciplinary fields.
For instance, they can find work in the following areas:
- design and development of research software;
- developing, creating and maintaining information & communication systems, automatic control systems and databases;
- developing information resources;
- mathematical modeling.
- Potential employers include Russian and international universities, research centres, public and private companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basics of Mathematical Modeling;
- Methods for Extracting New Information from Big Data;
- High-Performance Computer Programing Architecture and Methods;
- Featured Areas of Statistical Mechanics;
- Computational Aspects of Continuum Mechanics;
- Knowledge-intensive Computation Programing;
- System Engineering;
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 7 other Masters in Software Engineering in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
For more information please visit the university's website
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.