Our commitment to cancer research has resulted in the launch of Liverpool Cancer Research UK Centre – an organisation that brings together scientists, clinicians and local stakeholders to lead and deliver cancer research of the highest quality and importance.
Cancer medicine research is aimed at developing discoveries that can ultimately be translated into patient benefits. Scientific research in the Department is performed in an environment that has a wealth of clinical expertise and research which ensures that basic scientific research is always performed with insights of relevance to patients provided by leading clinical teams and an awareness of detailed clinical issues.
The Institutes research infrastructure is designed to give researchers access to world class facilities in the best possible environment.
Our facilities give us the ability to drive biomedical research from patient samples to the laboratory bench and vice versa from newly generated drug compounds into clinical trials. The departments of the institute have the following facilities and resources:
- Biomedical Imaging
- Centre for Antimicrobial Pharmacodynamics
- Centre for Drug Safety Science
- Health Data Science Network
- Centre for Preclinical Imaging
- Clinical Trials Research Centre
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureOur research themes include the fundamental studies of cancer cells and the molecular biology of cancer as well as Translational research and tumour specific research in many areas including:
- Pancreatic cancer
- Head and Neck cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gastro-oesophageal cancer
- Urological cancer (including Renal Cancer)
- Breast cancer.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are open all year round.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applications are welcomed from well qualified graduates who would typically hold a UK first degree or equivalent in the first or 2:1 class, or a 2:2 class degree plus a Masters degree, in a relevant subject.
- Applicants for postgraduate research study at Liverpool are normally expected to hold a UK first degree with a First Class or Upper Second Class degree classification, or a Second Class degree plus a Master’s degree. Equivalent international qualifications are also accepted, and their equivalence will be evaluated on the basis of the information provided by the National Academic Recognition and Information Centre (NARIC) as well as internal guidance based on our experience of a qualification’s suitability as a preparation for our programmes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- EU/International lab based: £24,250
- National - £2,250
- EU/International - £12,125 (lab based), £9,225 (non Lab based)
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.