As a student in one of the first and largest online, part-time systems engineering programs in the country, we will provide you with the ability to imagine complex products, processes and services, while leveraging a systems approach.
The Master of Science in Engineering in Systems Engineering program at Johns Hopkins University is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET and is ranked among the top 10 best online master’s engineering programs ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn from instructors who are leading practitioners in the field of systems engineering who incorporate problem-solving activities and case studies into discussion topics. You will be provided in-depth knowledge and technical skills in the field of systems engineering and systems of systems, and prepared for careers within both industry and government. This systems-centric program addresses the needs of engineers and scientists engaged in all aspects of analysis, design, integration, production, and operation of modern systems. Choose from a host of courses designed for our modern world, including Software Systems, Project Management, Modeling and Simulation and more.
As a graduate you will be able to:
- Apply technical knowledge in mathematics, science, and engineering to lead the realization and evaluation of complex systems and systems of systems
- Demonstrate the ability to conceive of, gather user needs and requirements for, design, develop, integrate, and test complex systems by employing systems engineering thinking and processes, within required operational and acquisition system environments
- Understand and utilize the life cycle stages of systems development from concept development through manufacturing and operational maintenance
- Lead and participate in interdisciplinary teams to manage cost-effective systems
- Communicate complex concepts and methods in spoken and written format
- Demonstrate awareness and capability in employing tools and techniques in the systems engineering process
- Systems Engineering
- Management of Systems Projects
- Software Systems Engineering
- System Conceptual Design
- System Design and Integration
- System Test and Evaluation
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Human Computer Interaction Software Engineering View 106 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in United States
- You must meet the general admission requirements that pertain to all master’s degree candidates.
- A minimum of one year of relevant full-time work experience in that field is required, and a detailed work résumé must be submitted.
- The Systems Engineering program offers two degree distinctions—a master of science in engineering (MSE) and a master of science (MS). In order to be admitted into the MSE program, applicants need to hold a degree issued by a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET.
International9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47550 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
National9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47550 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.