The experimental approaches of the Cell Biology programme from University of Liverpool involve biochemical, behavioural, electrophysiological, molecular, structural and state-of art imaging (such as multiphoton confocal, spinning disk, light sheet and 3D electron microscopy) applied to mammalian cell systems and also to model organisms such as Caenorhabdities elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Dictyostelium.
Our exciting and dynamic research environment benefits from increasing collaboration with academic clinicians looking for cell-based and cell targeted therapies.
The research infrastructure of the Institute of Translational Medicine is designed to give researchers access to world class facilities in the best possible environment.
Our centres, facilities and resources give us the ability to drive biomedical research from patient samples to the laboratory bench and vice versa from newly generated drug compounds into clinical trials. They provide powerful, productive collaborations between experts within the University and organisations worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research may cover any aspect of life sciences and biomedicine, including:
- Cell biology
- Molecular biology and genetics
- Stem cell research
- Regenerative medicine
- Infection and immunology
- Systems physiology approaches
- Translational medicine.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are open all year round.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 116 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applications are welcomed from well qualified graduates who would typically hold a UK first degree or equivalent in the first or 2:1 class, or a 2:2 class degree plus a Masters degree, in a relevant subject.
- Applicants for postgraduate research study at Liverpool are normally expected to hold a UK first degree with a First Class or Upper Second Class degree classification, or a Second Class degree plus a Master’s degree. Equivalent international qualifications are also accepted, and their equivalence will be evaluated on the basis of the information provided by the National Academic Recognition and Information Centre (NARIC) as well as internal guidance based on our experience of a qualification’s suitability as a preparation for our programmes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18450 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- EU/International students lab based £24,250
- National- £2,250
- EU/International- £12,125 (lab based) £9,225 (non Lab based)
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.