The topics we cover include:
- advanced mathematical methods
- algebraic geometry
- dynamical systems
- fundamental particle physics
- mathematical biology
- singularity theory
- solid mechanics
- stochastic analysis
- string theory
- wave propagation and scattering
By completing the first semester you qualify for the PG certificate. By completing the second, you qualify for the PG Diploma. Then, by completing your dissertation, you qualify for the MSc in Mathematical Sciences programme from University of Liverpool .
Graduates of the MSc and PhD programmes move on to many different careers. Recent graduates have moved into fast track teacher programmes, jobs in finance (actuarial, banking, insurance), software development, drugs testing and defence work, as well as University postdoctoral or lecturing posts. The MSc programme is of course a natural route into doctoral study in Mathematics and related fields, both at Liverpool and elsewhere. Some of our PhD students move on to postdoctoral positions and to academic teaching jobs and jobs in research institutes, both in the UK and elsewhere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Latex and Mathematical Programming Project
- Math552 - Preliminary Dissertation
- Main Dissertation
- Manifolds, Homology and Morse Theory
- Linear Differential Operators in Mathematical Physics
- Quantum Field Theory
- Variational Calculus and Its Applications
- Higher Arithmetic
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 103 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applications are welcome from students who have (or expect to obtain) an Honours degree in Mathematics. The usual minimum requirement for entry is a 2:1 degree classification, but we consider all applications on their individual merits, taking the transcript, references and personal statement into account.
- Applicants who have degrees with Mathematics as a major component (e.g. physics or engineering) are also welcome to apply. In this case we may look for higher marks to offset the lower number of credits earned for mathematics modules.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.