It is an essential programme if you are working in any area of public health: governmental organisations; health services management; policy and planning; housing; transport; or for community groups and NGOs. Public health aims to tackle the wider determinants of health, and as a multidisciplinary subject, our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, including medicine, nursing, pharmacy, occupational therapy, health services, health service management, environmental health and graduates with a background in the natural sciences, social sciences or humanities subjects.
With its modular format and open learning facilities the programme can be studied to Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Masters levels within the University. You can also study with other institutions by using the Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS).
The Public Health degree from University of Liverpool provides a solid foundation for public health research and practice in a variety of public, NGO, and international settings. With the knowledge and skills this programme will give you, you'll be able to put public health principles into effect in a variety of settings including research, practice, policy and at the interface of applied research.
On completion of the programme, the student should have a foundation in the science and art of public health, including an understanding of the concepts of health and disease, and factors which may affect these. The resulting knowledge, skills and attitudes should enable them to put public health principles into effect in a variety of settings including research, practice and the interface of applied research.
The MPH forms a core component of the approved training programmes for Health Education North West NHS Specialist Registrars in public health, working towards Certificate of Completion of Specialist training, and students who wish to go on to complete MFPHM Part A. The MPH provides a solid foundation for public health research and practice in a variety of sectors, including local government, civil service, NHS, NGO, charity and international settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology and Statistics for Public Health
- Health & Society
- Health Improvement
- Qualitative Research
- Health Inequalities: Evidence and Policy
- Health Policy, Governance and Economics
- Health Protection
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Graduates in medicine of an approved university must have one year post-registration professional experience;
- Applicants with a health-related undergraduate degree (preferably 2:1 or above) must be able to demonstrate at least one year of relevant public health work experience. Applicants with a non-health-related undergraduate degree must be able to demonstrate at least two years of relevant public health work experience.
- In addition, applicants require a GCSE Grade C or GCE O Level pass in Mathematics and English, or an equivalent qualification.
- Students will also need to provide a personal statement detailing why they wish to undertake the programme.
- We will need one independent academic/professional reference.
- We can consider nursing (non-degree) qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.