The Materials and Manufacturing program from Jönköping University introduces you to product realization and both product and production development. You learn about materials science, manufacturing technology, surface technology och numerical analysis.
The second-year offers two tracks, one within component optimization and the other is given entirely online within foundry technology. Within component technology, you get more experienced with computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis. You will also study polymers and simulation of process influence on microstructure. In the foundry technology track, you get acquainted by the various casting alloys and casting processes. You learn about melting, molding materials, and environmental impact assessment as well as solidification, analysis of defects, and modeling of the casting process.
You will be a helpful resource in the work of product development and would fit in a R&D team You could also continue with PhD studies within materials science, manufacturing technology or optimization. Your developed skills allows you to optimize engineering components with respect to performance, environmental impact and cost.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials and Manufacturing Technology
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Polymer and Composite Technology
- Numerical Analysis
- Surface Technology
- Continuum Mechanics,
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science (ie. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) in Materials and Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent.
- For Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Applied Physics, relevant courses in Materials Science, Manufacturing Technology, Thermodynamics and Solid Mechanics must be included.
- For Chemical Engineering relevant courses in physics must also be included. The bachelor’s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 credits in mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14432 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28865 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- For the first semester: 75000 SEK
- Total tuition fee: 300000 SEK
Living costs for Jönköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.