The Thoroughbred Horseracing Industries programme from University of Liverpool combines the Management School’s expertise in sports industry management, with the specialist equine knowledge of the University’s School of Veterinary Science. As an MBA programme it has the real business focus that management positions in modern horseracing demand. This is based on links with key sectors of the industry — from racecourses, horseracing governance and administration, trainers, owners and breeders, to the gambling industry and the media.
The programme supports both those working in the horse racing and associated industries, and prospective career-changers, to develop their management and leadership skills. It is delivered through a combination of face-to-face and online teaching, which allows participants to remain in full-time employment.
The core elements of the programme—leadership, strategy, organisations, marketing and managing financial resources—are delivered online.
Graduates from this programme can expect to access a range of senior functional and general management positions in the horseracing industry and associated industries.
A number of our MBA graduates already hold positions in the industry including:
- Ascot Racecourse
- British Horseracing Authority
- Racecourse Media Group Limited
- The Jockey Club
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Horseracing Industries
- Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Managing Financial Resources
- International Business and the Global Environment
- Racecourse and Event Management
- Equine Welfare and Ethics in the Thoroughbred Horseracing Industries
- Strategy and Organisation
- Leadership, Management and Organisation
- Sport, the Law, Regulation and Integrity
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) Animal Sciences View 333 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates will normally be expected to hold a 2:1 Honours degree (which may be in any discipline) from a UK university, or equivalent professional qualification from a similar non-UK institution.
- Non-graduates who possess extensive professional experience (more than 5 years) and/or a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.