The Technology Management Entrepreneurship program of University of New Brunswick combines technological thinking with practical business skills to promote an entrepreneurial mindset in students with science, computer science and engineering backgrounds. Students enjoy the project-based structure of the program which is highly focused on experiential learning.
Our small, collaborative classes are held in the J. Herbert Smith Centre for Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, a centre with over 25 years in the ever-changing world of technology. Students discover the market potential of their ideas and learn how to commercialize research with access to a machine shop, welding facilities and 3D printers. Our graduates have gone on to start successful companies of their own making. Others choose to work in Fortune 500 companies, government and not-for-profits.
Successful student start-ups
- HotSpot Merchant Solutions
- SmartSkin Technologies
- Resson Aerospace
- Castaway Golf Technologies
- Wear Your Label
- New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Global Accelerator Network
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Futurpreneur Canada
- Shad Valley
- McCain Foods
- NB Power
- Startup Fredericton
- Startup Canada
- Symplicity Designs
- Sandler Sales Institute
- Entrepreneurial Finance for Technological Ventures
- Product Design and Development
- Quality Management
- Managing Engineering and IT Projects
- Experiential Learning - Technology Management and Entrepreneurship
- Integrative Project - Technology Management and Entrepreneurship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Recommended March 1 for international applicants; May 1 for domestic applicants, or Open.
DisciplinesEngineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in Engineering Management in Canada
- All applicants should hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum 3.0 (B) average.
- Applicants should come from a science, computer science, engineering or technology-based background.
- Completed application
- Statement of Purpose
- Short-listed applicants may be invited to interview with our selection committee.
- International applicants whose first language is not English must submit language scores that meet or exceed international English language testing system (IELTS) band 7.
International1435 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1435 CAD per module during 12 months.
National874 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 874 CAD per module during 12 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.