The Operations and Supply Chain Management programme from University of Liverpool provides a theoretical and practical exposition of the factors that are necessary for effective operations and supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets. In addition, it demonstrates how successful operations performance can shape and influence the sales and profit ambition of a business. You will develop a profound understanding of the processes and techniques for developing operations strategy and managing operations and supply chain activities.
- The chance to learn via innovative teaching techniques including interactive games, cases and simulations
- See real-world scenarios with industry visits
- Support if you choose to work towards gaining full or chartered membership of our accrediting bodies. Graduates of the programme will be exempt from the academic requirements of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS, subject to renewal) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport UK (CILT)
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge by undertaking a work based project which is undertaken in conjunction with industry. Recent projects have been undertaken in collaboration with organisations including Bibby Distribution, Corus, Ford Motor Company, Hewlett Packard and Jaguar Land Rover.
Operations and supply chains are essential to competitive performance. Opportunities are provided for participants of the programme to analyse and examine the most up-to-date, cross-sectoral developments in operations and supply chain practice through a series of industrial lectures and a best-practice industry visit. It is expected that programme graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to reach senior managerial positions and become the operations, logistics and supply chain management strategists of the future. There are three main target groups. The first are graduates in management, engineering or science who wish to move to the area of Operations Management to improve employment prospects.
The second group are practising operations professionals who wish to update or expand their knowledge of the area and its potential benefit to their businesses. The third group are graduates, managers and professionals working outside of the Operations area who need or have a desire to appreciate the strategic and business implications of contemporary operations and supply chain management.
Graduates of the MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management are now working for Bayer Healthcare Ltd, AMECO, MedAire, Jaguar Landrover, United Utilities, Colliers International, Gist Ltd, Ocado, and Bosch Global. Graduate roles include Purchaser Expert, Process Engineer, Supplier Management, Project Manager, and Import and Export Analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Supply Chain Operations Management
- Strategic Operations Management
- Service Operations Management
- Strategic Purchasing Management
- Lean Thinking
- Logistics and Physical Distribution
- Business Simulation and Analysis
- MSc Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Where the University receives a high number of applications, programmes may close during November/December so it’s advisable to submit applications as early as possible.
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 150 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- As students from different countries tend to apply at different points in the application period, applications from some countries may close earlier in the year. In these cases we will aim to provide a 3-week notice period to the affected country, prior to any programme closure.
- Normally a university degree in Management, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or related disciplines at 2:1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a similar non-UK institution is required. Non-graduates with very extensive professional experience and/or other prior qualifications may also be considered. All candidates must meet our required level of English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.