Students of the Biomedical Sciences and Translational Medicine programme from University of Liverpool undertake 3 research projects that comprise 10 weeks of lab work followed by 2 weeks in which to write a report. Students also present either a poster or talk at the end of every research project. During the project, all students are encouraged to suggest experiments, design experimental protocols, as well as being taught subject specific techniques and advanced knowledge in transferable skills. The research projects will include at least three different research techniques to enhance experimental training skills that need to be clearly stated at the end of each project.
The MRes in Biomedical Sciences & Translational Medicine provides students with a first class grounding in research training. Students are well placed to continue on to PhD studies, work in industry, or to apply for postgraduate entry medicine or dentistry*.
Below is the next destination information for the 2010/11 MRes graduates:
- 69% Studying a PhD at the University of Liverpool
- 12% Studying a PhD or higher education course elsewhere
- 4% Working in industry
- 4% Starting own science based company
- 11% Working in the private sector with the intention of returning to a funded PhD
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology of Cancer
- Biomedical Imaging and Biosensing
- Cancer Medicine
- Drug Safety
- Health Economics
- Medical Sciences
- Molecular and Clinical Gastroenterology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine View 119 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates with a 2:2 science degree or above. The minimum English Language requirement for EU and international students is IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
- Intercalating students are required to sucessfully complete their fourth year of study.
- The programme accepts applications from self funding UK and international students.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 12 months.
*additional bench fees
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.