The School has developed bespoke pathways to Advanced Biological Sciences programme offered at the University of Liverpool awards across all of its research areas, affording applicants the opportunity to develop their own postgraduate degree programmes. These new programmes can therefore be based around your particular areas of interest. The title of your degree award will reflect your pathway of choice, which in turn reflects the research interest of the research grouping, for example, MSc Advanced Biological Sciences (Molecular Oncology).
Past graduates of the School of Life Sciences have continued their academic careers as research assistants or pursued further study leading to a PhD. Graduates have also developed careers in conservation or qualified to immediately go into industries. There is a demand currently for graduates with specialisations in science or computing to enter the teaching profession.
Commercial sectors such as the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and agriculture industries will be possible employers of graduates, especially with the anticipated increases in the use of next-generation sequencing and the corresponding data analysis that will be required.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional, Employability and Research Skills for Advanced Biological Sciences
- Research Methods and Applications in Biological Sciences
- Advanced Statistics for Biological Research
- Statistics for Biological Research
- Introduction to Research
- MSc Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
180 with a dissertation
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 350 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Typically our entry requirements will require a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant Biological Sciences subject.
- Applications from international students are especially encouraged. International qualifications will be evaluated in line using the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) guidelines.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.