As public and private organizations are increasingly combining various data sources, including survey data, for the purpose of decision making, the need for professional development in data generation, quality and analysis is on the rise.
The learning format:
- Online: The online environment is convenient for working professionals who cannot easily travel to a traditional campus. Like our Certificate programs, online lectures are prerecorded and accessed on a weekly basis from the course website. At a designated time each week, students will meet online as a class, along with the instructor, to discuss material. All courses require students to have a webcam, headset with a microphone, and have a reliable computer and Internet access.
- Schedule of courses: The online Survey and Data Science program from University of Maryland follows the semester calendar. Most courses are intentionally designed to be 1 or 2 credits so that students can more easily fit them into their schedules as well as build on top of introductory courses in a modular way. In the case of a 1-credit course, there are 4 units/weeks; a 2-credit course is 8 units/weeks, and a 3-credit course will run for 12 units/weeks.
- International: This program is unique because of its international reach. Courses are shared with our international partners, providing a rich perspective to class discussions.
- Sampling Theory
- Data Collection Methods in Survey Research
- Privacy Law
- Experimental Design For Surveys
- Questionnaire Design
- Usability Testing for Survey Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data View 168 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Supplemental Application
- Description of Research/Work Experience (optional)
International25590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.