More particularly, the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) course from University of Liverpool aims:
- To make you aware of theoretical issues in language teaching, second language acquisition and learning
- To develop your understanding of current, practical classroom methodology
- To introduce you to the latest approaches to language analysis
- To help you understand the connections between theory and practice.
Our academic staff have extensive experience of teaching internationally and working on projects and have active research interests and publications. Student feedback consistently indicates how much they appreciate our tutors’ friendly and patient support as well as their excellent academic and professional abilities.
The independence of study, clarity of expression and management of time demanded by all our taught programmes equip the successful graduate with the skills and knowledge base required for further academic study and research in English and other areas.
However, many graduates choose to enter careers such as teaching, publishing and journalism, or to work in the business sector, often in human resources, administration, marketing or sales.
Successful alumni have gone on to teach English at elementary, secondary and tertiary levels in schools around the globe. A significant number of MA graduates have also continued their studies to PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classroom Observation
- Practical Classroom Techniques
- Second Language Acquisition
- Research Skills
- Lexis and Vocabulary Teaching
- Dissertation (tesol)
- Testing and Assessment of Language Performance
- Functional Grammar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 505 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this. Qualifications accepted by the University can be found on our International webpages.
- If you meet the academic requirements of the course but do not have the required level of English Language, it is possible for you to come and study at the University on one of our Pre-sessional EAP programmes.
- For entry to our master's programmes a good 2:1 class Bachelors degree in English studies or a similar subject is required.
- Applicants will have a first degree, usually in English, Linguistics or Education (but we will consider candidates who have studied other subjects).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.