The Student Affairs curriculum at University of Maryland emphasizes student development, social justice, and research/scholarship.
We maintain a strong relationship with the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Maryland, College Park, which has a historic commitment to supporting scholar-practitioners. Masters graduates commonly work in settings such as student activities, advising, career services, residence life, orientation, leadership development, and multicultural student life.
- defining the role and functions of student affairs work in higher education
- interpreting research significant to the profession and conducting related research at an elementary level
- identifying factors affecting human and organizational behavior
- translating theoretical knowledge about the development of organizations and individuals into meaningful practices of the profession: counseling, instruction, supervision, program design, administration,research
- developing multicultural competence to engage with diverse students with effectiveness and confidence
- performing the functions of program assessment, design, implementation, and evaluation as appropriate for individuals, student services offices, and organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional Orientation: College Student Personnel
- The College Student: Student Development Theories
- Apprenticeship in Student Personnel Services
- Seminar in Multicultural Development
- Organizational Leadership in Student Affairs
- Pre practicum lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8772 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.