Through a combination of research-driven knowledge, critical skills, and professional insights, the Strategic Communication programme offered at the University of Liverpool prepares students for a career in business, public and third-sector institutions or in communication consultancy.
Business firms, public institutions and non-profit organisations operate today in an increasingly complex environment marked by hyper-digitalisation, media fragmentation, ambiguous market and political conditions at global levels, and growing public scepticism. In such context, there is growing market demand for communication experts who can help organisations to (re)build trust, enhance reputation and, more in general, realise their strategic goals.
The programme prepares students for a career in business firms, public institutions and NGOs institutions, all sectors where there is growing market demand for communication experts or consultants.
Upon completion of the MSc Strategic Communication programme, you will be in an extremely competitive position to seek employment in all these sectors, both in the UK and abroad.
Professional areas include but are not limited to public relations, investor relations, public affairs, media relations, social media, internal communication, communication consultancy and financial PR, events management and promotions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Strategic Communication
- Digital and Social Media Communication
- Argumentation and Influencing Strategies
- Branding Strategy and Communication
- Strategic Communication in Practice: Professional Perspectives
- Research Methods for Strategic Communication
- Final Project (Summer)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
180 with a dissertation
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 235 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
- You will normally need to have the equivalent of a UK honours degree, at 2.1 level or better in a Communication related discipline such as Media Communication, Corporate Communication, Political Communication, Communications Science, Management, Marketing, Business, English Language, Public Relations, Media Relations, Applied Linguistics, Journalism or in an economics related discipline.
- We also welcome applications from graduates who hold a role or have work experience that is relevant to the programme content.
- Alternative qualifications and all non-UK qualifications (which are considered equivalent to a UK honours degree) would be subject to approval by the Programme Director.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.