This Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist Degree Apprenticeship course from Aston University is suitable for graduates with a background in computer science looking to advance their careers in the tech and digital sector by studying for a master’s degree. It also provides junior data analysts and software engineers a pathway for career development by honing their technical skills into specialisms.
Learning, teaching and assessment
Apprenticeships are structured differently to a traditional degree. You'll spend the majority of your time in the workplace doing a real full-time job as well as studying for your qualification part-time.
Study time is structured to fit around your job. Your apprenticeship is designed in partnership with your employer, so you don't need to worry about your work and study commitments clashing. They work hand in hand.
This programme is taught predominantly through online distance learning using our Virtual Learning Environment, Blackboard. You’ll log in to this platform to watch live and recorded lecture content, take part in activities and access a wealth of online academic resources to support your learning.
Each core module takes six months to complete and you’ll be expected to attend two one-week face-to-face teaching blocks on campus per module. Typically this would be one session in the middle of the module and one towards the end of the module. These sessions will give you the opportunity to work with our academic experts in person, take part in discussions and joint work with the cohort of apprentices on this programme. This time will also be used to work on your assignments giving you some dedicated time for study away from the office.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme is split into four specialist streams:
- The Data Analyst route focuses on the investigative and interrogative skills required to work with big data.
- The IT Project Manager route focuses on successful project delivery of software development solutions that meet expectations.
- The IT Strategy Specialist route concentrates on providing convincing advice and guidance on transformative technology-based change initiatives, driving IT strategy.
- The Software Engineer route has a technical focus on the development, implementation and evaluation of complex software solutions.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The sooner you make the application the better especially if you are an international student who requires a VISA to study the course starts in September.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 235 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will need to apply for a degree apprenticeship role or already be employed in a job in England with responsibilities aligned with the degree content. Please see the how to apply section below for more information.
- Entry requirements are set by the hiring business and not Aston University so they vary between organisations. Apprentices are selected based on their applications, an interview and an assessment process which is tailored to your apprenticeship position.
- An honours degree in a related subject (or equivalent qualification)
- At least Grade 4 or C GCSE Maths and English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 GBP per year during 24 months.
You will not have to pay tuition fees as a degree apprentice as the costs are met by the UK government and your employer.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.