You will gain a thorough grounding in the fundamental concepts of data analytics to understand the data lifecycle, including problem formulation, data collection and cleaning, exploratory data analysis and visualisation, statistical inference and decision making. Additionally, you will have the chance to apply your knowledge in a research project on a subject of your choice.
You will be trained in a wide range of modern data science and analytics methods in the MSc in Data Analytics programme including the following modules:
Statistical Machine Learning, where you will be able to develop simple, but practical, statistical models for complex real-world data. The models can be used to automate decision making and predictions, such as detecting diseases or deciphering signals.
Algorithmic and Computational Mathematics that focuses on the in-depth study of key general algorithms, with their numerical implementation, which are the heart of data processing and modelling. This includes approximation techniques, interpolation, sampling, etc. that are practiced with hands-on coding.
The global data science platform market size is anticipated to reach over $178 billion by 2025. Data science has applications in all areas of industry, science, government and services, from retailing to streaming.
Graduates of the Data Analytics course from Aston University leave with the in-depth knowledge and skills they need to develop careers across a variety of fields. Their data science expertise makes them employable in industry, in commercial and finance sectors as well as in applied and scientific research. Students who graduated from our programmes have secured positions in a broad range of companies, from start-ups to well-established corporations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Machine Learning,
- Algorithmic and Computational Mathematics,
- Understanding Data,
- Probabilistic Modelling,
- Data Science Programming,
- Artificial Neural Networks,
- Network Science
- Specialist Research Skills and Techniques,
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The sooner you make the application the better especially if you are an international student who requires a VISA to study the course starts in September.
DisciplinesMathematics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 216 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We expect applications from graduates of Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Data Science or related disciplines, with a qualification equivalent to a UK BSc with Honours at 2:2 or higher. Evidence of knowledge of Mathematics and Programming should also be provided when the degree is not in Computer Science (i.e. transcript of degree programme or work experience). When a transcript is provided, the Mathematics and Programming grades should be equivalent to UK 60% or higher. Candidates may be interviewed prior to the offer decision.
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- A completed application form.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.