The goals of the History and Heritage programme of the University of Porto are:
- To train professionals to be capable of handling fundamental methods and techniques to the identification, inventory, disclosure and preservation of heritage: natural, documental, iconographic, built, archaeological, rural, maritime, industrial;
- To prepare skilled agents for an intervention in cultural entertainment and local and historical tourism;
- To prepare technicians for an integrated and multidisciplinary management of the local heritage, in order to allow the community to preserve it.
- Information Sources and Research Methodology
- Methodology in Scientific Work
- Memory and Identity
- Socioeconomic Structures
- Cultural and Religious Structures
- Identification and Classification of Heritage
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a bachelors degree or legal equivalent in one of the areas specified by the school/faculty;
- Hold a foreign higher education degree that is in accordance with the Bologna process or that may be recognised by the U.Porto as satisfying the requirements of a bachelors degree;
- Have an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that the U.Porto recognises as proof of ability to complete the course of study.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.