The Behavioral and Community Health program from University of Maryland is perfect for:
- Those who want to be “on the ground” and engaged with communities
- People who are passionate about helping guide individual and community level change to positively influence health behavior
- Students seeking flexibility - full time, part time, online or in-person options available
Recent alumni job titles include:
- Public Health Informatics Specialist
- Science & Policy Fellow
- Capacity Building Research Analyst
- Assistant Director, Health Promotion & Wellness Services
- Communicable Disease Health Educator
- Health Communication Fellow
- Program Consultant
- Communications Specialist
- Concepts in Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Public Health Data Laboratory
- Program and Policy Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Public Health Ethics
- Leadership, Teams, and Coalitions: Policy to Advocacy
- Community Assessment through Qualitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 2173 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Maryland and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application(s)
- Official transcripts from EVERY college-level institution you attended
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
International38385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
National38385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State17280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.