Chemistry from American University Washington DC emphasizes student research. You will learn to design, conduct, and analyze research in advanced laboratory courses. Our modern teaching and research laboratories are fully equipped with chemical instrumentation, including spectrometers and chromatographic equipment, and we have specialized laboratories for work requiring an inert atmosphere, biochemistry, polymer chemistry, nanomaterials chemistry, electrochemistry, and computational chemistry.
Our graduates are also extremely competitive in the job market. Biochemistry plays a vital role in medicine, the pharmaceutical industry, the food industry, and biodefense. Employment of biochemists is projected to grow eight percent over the next ten years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The BLS also reports Maryland as the state with the third highest number of jobs for biochemists in the country, most of them in the DC metropolitan area, which is home to numerous biotechnology, pharmaceutical, forensics, and clinical laboratories that are constantly looking for qualified workers to serve in their labs.
- Research Method Design
- Separation Science
- Trace Analysis
- Statistical Methods
- Clinical Laboratory: Analysis, Quality Assurance and Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Deadlines are the ones for priority admission.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 591 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Application form and fee
- Statement of purpose
- 2 letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- Applicants must have earned a degree equivalent to fulfilling the requirements for a Chemistry (BS) or Biochemistry (BS) with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA from a college accredited by the American Chemical Society or equivalent.
International55980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1866 USD per credit during 12 months.
National55980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1866 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Tuition for National students: $1,812 Per credit hour
- Tuition for summer option: $1,759 per credit
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.