Globalization, business innovations, digitalization, the aging and individualized workforce, changing demands and standards of employees, etc. The current working model is in constant change and poses major challenges for organizations, employees and society. The role of HR is gaining importance like never before. It has moved away from a supporting or administrative function to become much more of a game changer and enabler of the business strategy. Organizations expect HR specialists to be able to think strategically in order to tackle those challenges.
Furthermore, the HR profession has an increasingly international character. The working domain spans over different countries. And even in a more local context successful implementation of HRM requires a global mindset. This Master in HRM has a specific focus on Organizational Development (OD), the field of applied science focused on understanding and managing organizational change.
The program focuses on strategic, hands-on, data-driven, consulting and commercial aspects and thus goes beyond mere personnel management. With the international perspective we respond to the new trend of international HR and OD careers. The program aims to provide insights and tools that enable participants to serve the following two-fold ambition:
- Happy, healthy & productive employees
- Agile, healthy & sustainable organizations
Become a game changer
HR has grown into a strategic pillar that helps both the organization and its employees to make a sustainable transformation. If you opt for a master's degree in HRM, you choose a special career path in which you can help make a difference for people and organizations alike. At AMS we will provide you with the right luggage and mindset to give you a flying start.
Specific group dynamic
This program has a specific group dynamic. The values that reside in the broader HR community (respect, ownership, team spirit, flexibility, creativity, consideration…) are stimulated from the very beginning. Students actively liaise with and esta¬blish relationships with current HR/OD (top) professionals and program alumni.
After following this program, you will be able to:
- identify and explain multidisciplinary frameworks, concepts and theories in the field of human resources and organizations;
- critically reflect on HR/OD related subjects and challenges on a macro (ecosystem), meso (organization) and micro (team/individual) level;
- apply HR/OD methods and frameworks and translate them into tools, practices and skills;
- apply scientific research methods to formulate HR/OD policy and proposals;
- demonstrate professional reporting and communicating skills;
- effectively collaborate in teams;
- demonstrate managerial and leadership skills on various levels;
- recognize the strategic benefits of sustainability and social responsibility;
- develop consulting skills to detect, analyze and solve real-life HR and OD challenges.
The AACSB and NVAO accreditations awarded to Antwerp Management School clearly demonstrate AMS’ permanent attention to quality education. AMS is also listed in the Financial Times Rankings and the School takes into account the principles of responsible management education as presented by PRME. Our EMBA has justed climbed 10 steps and is now nr°45 worldwide in the Financial Times Ranking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The program combines courses from 3 People and Organization perspectives: (1) context, visions and strategies, (2) practices and (3) skills. In turn, these perspectives have an impact on the outcomes, in particular both (1) happy, healthy & productive employees and (2) agile, healthy & sustainable organizations.
The program starts from a global mindset, but always translates it into one or more local contexts. Think global, act local is a recurring learning principle.
- HRM Fundamentals
- Organizational Development Fundamentals
- International HRM (& International Trip)
- Business Challenges & Innovation Labs
- Strategic HRM & Business Partnering
- Financial Management
Practices & Tools
- Organizational Development Practices
- HRM Practices
- Labour Relation Management
- Consulting Bootcamp
- Global Leadership Skills
- Master Project
- You are recently graduated and have little or no work experience.
- You are passionate about people and organizations and you want to broaden and deepen your knowledge.
- You aspire a career in Human Resources Management or Organizational Development (internal or as a consultant).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement Studies Human Resource Management Corporate Communication View 4 other Masters in Corporate Communication in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Antwerp Management School and/or in Belgium, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
For candidates studying in Belgium:
- a master's degree from a recognized institution
- a master's degree from a recognized institution OR
- a 3 or 4-year bachelor's * degree from a recognized institution
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
EU/EEA16500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We work together with Prodigy Finance for different loan options. Prodigy Finance offers international students competitive loans without collateral or a co-signer.
German students can ask a student loan via Deutsche Bildung. Deutsche Bildung has been financing students since 2007. A lump-sum payment, annual, semi-annual or monthly payments guarantee a completely flexible financing plan of almost all programs/ subjects in Germany and abroad.
Partial scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis during the application process to outstanding candidates in the form of a partial fee-waiver of varying amounts. These are awarded on a highly competitive basis and awardees will be notified in their admission letter.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.