There is increasing international demand for high-quality research training on mental processes in the healthy and diseased human brain.
Students learn about the relationship between the mind and the brain in patients and healthy individuals, alongside the ideas, methodology, and current state of knowledge in cognitive neuroscience. In addition to specialised, research-oriented training, the programme develops key transferable skills.
These include project management, logical thinking, oral and written communication, and independent learning.
The MRes has a greater emphasis on the research project than the Cognitive Neuroscience MSc.
The Cognitive Neuroscience programme offered at the University College London (UCL) is a very selective programme that develops key research skills in the field of cognitive neuroscience and serves as a basis for PhD study in an academic setting or a research career in industry or business.
The MRes also promotes key skills that prepare students for more general careers in clinical psychology, marketing, teaching, and consultancy.
Students have the opportunity to study and conduct cutting-edge research alongside some of the leading researchers in the field of cognitive neuroscience. Students will be i
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Key Skills Module: Introduction to Statistics in Psychology
- Key Skills Module: Communication Skills in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Structure and Function of the Brain
- Methods in Cognitive Neuroscience: Lesion Approaches
- Methods in Cognitive Neuroscience: Neuroimaging – Designing and Analysing fMRI Experiments
- Current Issues in Cognitive Neuroscience: Fundamental Processes
- Current Issues in Cognitive Neuroscience: Elaborative and Adaptive Processes
- Current Issues in Cognitive Neuroscience: Translational Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Clinical Psychology View 803 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International28530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28530 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11830 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11830 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.