The Clinical and Public Health Nutrition programme offered at the University College London (UCL) offers specialised training in the clinical and scientific basis of malnutrition and obesity, and therapeutic approaches to correcting this in the hospital, community and educational setting.
This MSc is suitable for candidates who wish to pursue a career in cutting-edge research, the practice of nutrition therapy in the health services of the UK or other countries, or in the clinical nutrition industry. We also aim to provide an ideal foundation for graduates who wish to undertake a PhD.
Destinations and job roles of recent graduates include:
- Nutrition Support and Research Dietitian
- Paediatric Dietitian
- Lecturer in Dietetics
- Health Programmes Manager at Trekstock
- PhD student
- SpR in Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Health Columnist
- Clinical Researcher
- World Cancer Research Fund
- Ministry of Health Advisor
- Disease-related Malnutrition
- Fundamentals of Nutrition and Metabolism
- Disease and Disordered Eating
- Therapeutic Aspects of Clinical Nutrition
- Practical Nutrition Assessment
- Malnutrition in the Community
- Experimental Design and Research Methods
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 1017 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a biological science, medical or healthcare discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.