The Civil Engineering programme offered at the University College London (UCL) combines traditional lectures with group projects and an individual research project in the student's chosen specialist field.
Students develop advanced knowledge of civil engineering and associated engineering and scientific disciplines (such as structural dynamics, sustainable building design, transport, fluids, geotechnics, water and drainage, environmental and coastal engineering, planning and construction).
They gain awareness of the context in which engineering operates, in terms of design, construction and the environment, alongside transferable skills, which leads to careers in industry and research.
There are excellent employment prospects for our graduates. Civil Engineering graduates are readily employed by consultancies, construction companies and government departments.
Civil Engineering graduates are readily employed by consultancies, construction companies and government departments, with a well established path to become Charter Engineers after the required professional experience.
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Structures
- Roads and Underground Infrastructure: Design, Construction and Maintenance
- Project Management (Professional Development Module)
- Advanced Civil Engineering Materials
- Applied Building Information Modelling
- Design and Analysis of Structural Systems
- Engineering Surveying
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Modelling
- Environmental Systems
- Finite-Element Modelling and Numerical Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 768 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering or a closely related subject, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Standard
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.