Security and privacy are fundamental concepts in the digital age. Real world implications and applications are everywhere around us: the browser you use to shop over the Internet, the mobile phone you hold conversations over, the bank card in your wallet, the way you travel, the car keys in your pocket, to casting electronic votes.
Information Technology - Information Security from Tampere University research spans from theoretical to applied aspects of security and privacy, and everywhere in between. Our research appears in globally top ranked venues such as IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, and USENIX Security Symposium, to name a few – major recruiting outlets for both industry and academia.
Information security professionals work in every size company and industry to protect organizations from data breaches and attacks. By studying our programme, students get the necessary skills allowing them to follow a wide range of career paths such as:
- Researcher in Applied Cryptography;
- Researcher in Network / Computer Security;
- IT Security Engineer / Operations Specialist;
- Product Security Engineer;
- Penetration Tester / White Hat Hacker / Ethical Hacker;
- Source Code Auditor;
- Vulnerability Assessor;
- Computer Security Incident Responder;
- Information Security Analyst / Consultant / Assurance Officer / Assurance Analyst / Risk Officer;
- Cyber Security Manager;
- Security Officer;
- Computer Forensics Analyst;
- Anti-Piracy / Content Protection Analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Entering the Global Workplace: Interculturality and Communication (B2)
- Text Talk: Research and Discussion for Academic and Professional Life (B2)
- Online Working Life Interactions in English (B2)
- Thesis Writing B (C1)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology Cyber Security View 67 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
- with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.