The Peace and Development Work programme from Linnaeus University is for students who are looking for a specialisation in issues linked to peace, development and international development co-operation.
We focus on current research concerning development as well as the practical work carried out by international institutions, non-governmental organisations and social movements.
In the program we also discuss communication issues and how they can influence international development.
The objective of the programme is to create possibilities for future employment within e.g., civil society and international organisations that deal with Peace and development issues. During your study you have the possibility to work together with an organisation or to conduct a field study in a developing country. Students develop both analytical capabilities and practical skills which are necessary for work in the complex reality of international development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The international context and the politics of peace and development
- Development theory and economic development
- Peace Negotiations
- Policy processes, implementation and evaluation
- Method and Research Strategies
- Methods of fieldwork
- Degree project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law International Development Terrorism & Security
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To meet the entry requirements for master's level (second cycle or graduate) studies, you must have been awarded a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognised university.
- A minimum of 90 credits in a Social Science, Humanities or Economics main area, including a degree project of at least 15 credits, or the equivvalent.
- English B/6 or the equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10953 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10953 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Tuition fee, first payment: 55,000 SEK
- Tuition fee, total: 110,000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.