The Cell and Gene Therapy MSc from the University College London (UCL) covers all aspects of cell and gene therapy, including basic biomedical science, molecular basis of disease, current and developing technologies and clinical applications.
Students also receive vocational training in research methodology and statistics, how to perform a research project and complete a practical laboratory-based project.
This programme aims to equip students for careers in research, education, medicine and business in academic, clinical and industrial settings. Examples of potential careers could include:
- conducting clinical trials as part of a team of clinicians, scientists and allied health professionals
- monitoring and analysing the results of clinical trials as part of a clinical trials unit
- developing new therapies or intellectual property in the pharmaceutical industry or other business venture
- academic research and/or lecturing in a university or other higher education setting,
- Molecular Aspects of Cell and Gene Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Cell and Gene Therapy
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Stem Cell and Tissue Repair
- Applied Genomics
- Clinical Genomics and Rare Diseases
- Molecular Biology of Normal Development and BirthDefects
- Understanding Research and Critical Appraisal: Biomedicine
- Molecular and Clinical Aspects of Childhood Cancers
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics View 484 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Applicants should be: a qualified medical practitioner, with a qualification equivalent to a UK MBBS; a non-clinical scientist with a minimum of an upper second-class BSc or equivalent in a life or biomedical science subject; or a healthcare, pharmaceutical or biotech professional and scientist with equivalent experience (minimum of three years).
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £7,350
- International: £16,050
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.