The programme's graduates have established careers in research, journalism, teaching and policy formulation and implementation in both government agencies and NGOs.
Students will gain a broad empirical knowledge of the diverse societies of Latin America and the Caribbean from the perspective of at least two disciplines, together with an awareness of the general patterns of differences and commonalities in the histories, politics, economies and cultures of the different linguistic territories of the region.
Graduates of this Caribbean and Latin American Studies MA programme offered at the University College London (UCL) will be well placed to use their skills and knowledge to find employment in government, business, journalism, finance and international NGOs, teaching, or for further research in this field.
- The Caribbean from the Haitian Revolution to the Cuban Revolution
- Researching the Americas: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Politics, Society and Development in the Modern Caribbean
- Democratization in Latin America
- Histories of Exclusion: Race and Ethnicity in Latin America
- Money and Politics in Latin America
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Transitional Justice
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Challenges to Democratization
- Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Latin American Economics
- Globalisation and Latin American Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 448 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- A basic reading competence in Spanish, French or Portuguese is desirable. Students without such skills may be considered but are advised to undertake a separate language course prior to or during their programme.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.