The Advanced Clinical Optometry and Ophthalmology programme offered at the University College London (UCL) is designed to suit busy professionals through blended learning. All modules will be carried out online and will be supplemented by face-to-face days in London.
The face-to-face days involve workshops, case discussions, patient assessments and discussion of clinical "pearls" from experienced practitioners.
About this degree
You will develop the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the disease process underlying common ophthalmic conditions (e.g. glaucoma and medical retina)
- Learn how to use diagnostic criteria to formulate patient management plans
- Develop decision-making skills underpinned by academic and clinical knowledge
CareersTraining will enable multidisciplinary ophthalmic clinicians and scientists to carry out extended roles in ophthalmology as well as providing the scientific knowledge required in these areas.
EmployabilityThe programme is designed to teach you to apply knowledge from a range of clinical subjects to extended roles in ophthalmology and advanced clinical practice in optometry and clinical leadership. Innovative and authentic learning methods help you to develop necessary skills such as clinical decision making, critical appraisal of evidence, and reflective practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Statistics
- Glaucoma Level
- Medial Retina Level
- Medical Contact Lenses Level
- Independent Prescribing Level
- Clinical Leadership Level
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 733 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Good
International20780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20780 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £5,255 (PT)
- Overseas: £10,450 (PT)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.