In this International Relations, Conflict and Security from Northumbria University you will study different types of war and conflict, including inter-state war, intra-state wars (ethnic or civil conflict, independence movements, new wars and complex emergencies), international terrorism; as well as political, institutional and legal tools and frameworks to address them.
Do I need a degree in international relations to do a Master’s?
Our Master's program is open to students from a wide range of undergraduate disciplines.
What can I do with an MA international relations degree?
Our MA will prepare you for careers in areas such political/policy analysts, programme/development officers, consultants, risk analysts, advocacy/outreach officers, and journalists. As well as to management positions in international organisations, NGOs, government, the development sector, media, academia, and the military/private security providers.
- Academic Language Skills in FADSS Level 7
- International Law and Global Justice
- Contemporary Challenges in Conflict and Security
- Conflict and Security Governance
- Theorising International Relations, Conflict and Security
- Social Sciences Postgraduate Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 148 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in any subject, or equivalent.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 6 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.