The Healthcare Management programme from Northumbria University is designed to address global needs within the healthcare sector for committed personnel with strong management competencies. You will learn as part of a multicultural student cohort, from academics who have extensive experience in practice. This will give you access to new perspectives on healthcare, which will inform your future professional practice.
You will study modules in Strategic Management of Healthcare, Leadership & Collaborative Working in Public Health, Managing Health Improvement Through Social Marketing, and Research Approaches, Methods and Skills. You will supplement your understanding of these core topics with an in-depth research project in an area of professional interest.
Three course delivery options are available to fit with your professional and personal needs: this intensive 12-month full-time programme which begins in September, an 18-month full-time programme that commences in January, and a part-time programme over 28 months that begins in September.
- You will leave this course equipped with advanced understanding and skills in strategic healthcare management, change management, managing health improvement through social marketing, and leadership and collaborative working in health. Most of the modules give you scope to focus on your particular discipline interests, giving you a distinct advantage when progressing to professional employment.
- To further enhance your employment prospects you will be actively encouraged to undertake relevant volunteering opportunities, and to attend local and national events. These elements will provide you with invaluable opportunities to meet practitioners and experts within the field of healthcare management.
- For international students there may be a practice learning opportunity available, to give you a brief insight into healthcare management in the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research: Approaches, Methods and skills
- Strategic Management of Healthcare
- Dissertation Project
- Managing health improvement through social marketing
- Leadership and Collaborative Working in Public Health and Healthcare
- Developing management and leadership competencies in Healthcare
- Academic Language Skills in Health
- 12 months
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 1688 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in a relevant subject and senior work experience in healthcare practice or evidence of commitment to working in Health Management.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 6 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Full UK Fee: £7,350
- Full EU Fee: £16,000
- Full International Fee: £16,000
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.