As an online nurse-midwifery program, the dual curriculum includes courses in reproductive health care, labor and birth, and integrated midwifery care. As a women’s health nurse practitioner program, the coursework further explores the primary, ambulatory, and advanced care of women.
Having completed a Master of Science degree in Nursing (MS in Nursing), graduates are eligible to sit for the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) exam and the National Credentialing Corporation (NCC) becoming certified as both nurse-midwives (CNMs) and women’s health nurse practitioners (WHNPs).
The dual Nurse Midwifery - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner program from Georgetown University draws upon the Jesuit value of cura personalis, or care for the whole person. As graduates of a dual WHNP and nurse-midwifery program, students learn to recognize and address the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of the women and newborns in their care.
- Introduction to Reproductive Health Care of Women
- Ambulatory Care of Women
- Primary Care of Women
- Primary Ambulatory Care of Women
- Seminars in Advanced Women’s Health Care
- Labor, Birth, and Newborn Care
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 2113 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or CNL/entry-level MSN from a CCNE- or ACEN-accredited program
- Hold a current U.S. registered nurse (RN) license
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.0 science GPA
- Have successfully completed a college level three-credit course in statistics within the last five years with a grade of C or better
International51352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2358 USD per credit during 27 months.
National51352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2358 USD per credit during 27 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.