The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) program from Georgetown University is designed for RNs with at least one year of full-time experience in an intensive care unit, emergency department, telemetry unit, or progressive care unit. Students learn to communicate clearly with patients and families, listen actively to their concerns, and manage complex acute health situations.
Having completed a Master of Science degree in Nursing, graduates of the online AG-ACNP program are eligible to sit for national certification offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). Once certified, they may serve as nurse practitioners in acute and complex care settings for adult and older adult patients.
- Anatomy for Health Care Professionals
- Diagnostic Reasoning
- Adult Gerontology
- Primary Health Care of Family
- Introduction to Reproductive Health Care of Women
- Primary Care of Women
- 23 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 355 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or CNL/entry-level MSN from a CCNE- or ACEN-accredited program
- Hold a current U.S. registered nurse (RN) license
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.0 science GPA
- Have successfully completed a college level three-credit course in statistics within the last five years with a grade of C or better
- AG-ACNP Applicants Please Note: AG-ACNP requires at least one year of full-time experience in an intensive care unit, emergency department, telemetry unit, or progressive care unit.
International54744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27372 USD per semester during 23 months.
National54744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27372 USD per semester during 23 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.