The Child And Youth Studies programme at University West offers a unique opportunity to understand the shared and divergent experiences of children and youth around the world, and the theoretical, methodological and practical tools to improve their lives. Theoretical knowledge from different disciplines and up-to-date research are the basis for the programme, which combined with multi-professional competencies and experiences provides a solid ground for working with child and youth related issues.
After completing this programme, you will have increased professional competence to work strategically in different organisations and activities with a focus on issues relating to children and young people. While not a vocational programme, on graduation you’ll be prepared to enter or build on professional careers in the fields of education, social work and health, among others.
Today, most of the professional work involving children and youth takes place in multi-professional teams or projects, and many alumni work for example as project leaders, experts and members of such teams. The programme also prepares you for future PhD studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Child and Youth Study Research
- Inter-professional Work with Children and Young People
- Children, Young People and Migration Processes
- Children and Young Peoples’ Rights and Involvement
- Literature Review in Child and Youth Studies
- Thesis Work in Child and Youth Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Sociology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA/BSc in education or nursing, 180 credits, or bachelor’s degree, 180 credits with a major in social work and social pedagogy, psychology, pedagogics, sociology, culture studies or public health or the equivalent
International4836 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4836 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- SEK 50,000 for non-EU/EEA students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.