In this Finance programme from University West you’ll learn from highly qualified researchers, lecturers, professors and representatives from business – from both Sweden and abroad.
Your degree gives you expertise in the main areas of applied finance (corporate finance, pricing, risk management and financial institutions) and a solid foundation in economics, business and industry – making you highly employable in the international job market.
Kick-start Your Career As A Financial Analyst
The Master in Finance fast-tracks you to a successful career as a financial analyst in Sweden or abroad. We cooperate with accreditation organisations such as SwedSec and the CFA Society Sweden and cover the knowledge necessary to work as a financial analyst.
Learn From Uniquely Diverse And Qualified Team
Over the course of one year you’ll have the opportunity to engage with and learn from accomplished professionals from business, as well as an experienced team of researchers, lecturers and professors. Not only are these experts highly qualified, they place importance on passing their knowledge on to you. Each expert is well prepared and eager to engage with our Master in Finance students.
The programme provides a scientific foundation that you can directly apply in professional roles such as insurance broker, realtor and financial advisor. After completing the Master in Finance (MSc) you’ll be qualified to work in a variety of sectors and branches:
- Industrial and financial firms
- Wealth and asset managing companies such as mutual/pension/hedge funds
- National and international companies
- Ministry of Finance
- The Central Bank
- Tax Authority
- Social Insurance Agency
- Central Bureau of Statistics
- World Bank
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Reporting and Analysis (including ethical considerations for financial profession)
- Industrial Restructuring and Entrepreneurship
- Advanced Research Methods in Finance
- Portfolio Management and Alternative Investment
- International Finance
- Fixed Income Fundamentals and Derivatives
- Degree Project in Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Actuarial Science View 10 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree worth 180 credits with 90 credits in the major subject field of economics with at least 7.5 credits in finance at the intermediate level and 7.5 credits in econometrics, statistics, or the equivalent.
- Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree worth 180 credits with 90 credits in the major subject field of business administration, with at least 7.5 credits in micro- economics and 7.5 credits in macro-economics and at least 7.5 credits in finance at the intermediate level and 7.5 credits in econometrics, statistics, or the equivalent
International10839 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10839 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- SEK 114,000 for non-EU/EEA students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.