Why study MSc Humanitarian Action (Online) at SOAS University of London
- we are ranked number 5 in the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Development Studies
- SOAS is ranked in the top 5 universities in the UK for producing a CEO or Managing Director, according to new research
- this online degree has been developed to meet the needs of people working, or hoping to work, in international agencies, humanitarian organisations, and NGOs
- The online format enables students to study for a MSc degree alongside work, caring or other commitments
- The degree brings together a cohort of students from around the world into online discussions, led by a specialist seminar tutor
- It builds upon the strengths of the Department of Development Studies in areas of violence, aid and security
- The degree draws on research and professional experience from colleagues across SOAS, a university with an international reputation for its work on Africa, Asia and the Middle East
A Humanitarian Action (Online) programme from SOAS University of London will further develop your understanding of the world and how society is organised, with specific focus on violence and conflict, the role of aid, refugees and forced migration. Graduates leave with a range of transferable skills, including critical thinking, analytical skills and cultural awareness.
Recent Department of Development Studies graduates have been hired by:
- Amnesty International
- BBC World Service
- British Embassy Brussels
- Department for International Development
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- Embassy of Japan
- Government of Pakistan
- Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- KPMG LLP
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Humanitarian Principles and Practice
- Human and Critical Security Studies
- Understanding Violence, Conflict and Development
- Critical Insights in Forced Migration
- Partnerships Beyond Borders: NGOs, Social Movements and Civil Society in Transnational Development
- The Politics of Gender and Feminisms in Development
- Drugs, Conflict and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 39 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We will consider all applications with an undergraduate degree at high 2:2 or above. In addition to degree classification, we take into account other elements of the application including supporting statement and references. While references are optional, they can help build a stronger application profile if you fall below the 2:2 requirement or have non-traditional qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.