The current pandemic exposes why sustainable social protection systems are relevant to everyone. Social Protection means protecting our most vulnerable members of society, adapting our social systems to crisis and eradicating worldwide poverty. Seeing the benefits, they have proactively developed an interdisciplinary Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems program from Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, which will provide you with the tools to analyze any social system and show you how to design better more sustainable systems to mitigate the effects of precarious changes.
We want our graduates to:
- gain deeper insights into the constitutive elements, driving forces and instruments of social protection systems, covering low-, middle- as well as high-income countries
- know how to use different methods of analysis for designing and re-organising social protection systems
- have a solid understanding of how to institutionalise and sustainably finance social protection systems
- be comfortable using state-of-the-art management methods to implement social protection interventions effectively and efficiently
- establish an interdisciplinary and interinstitutional network of national and international experts
Graduates will have career prospects in a wide variety of fields, e.g. as policy planners, managers and advisers in ministries and government agencies, social security institutions, NGOs, international organisations, bilateral development agencies, private (insurance) companies, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative analysis of social protection systems
- Social protection policy instruments and design options
- Analysis for social protection design
- Social protection financing and modelling
- Research methods
- Simulation and evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Corporate Social Responsibility View 28 other Masters in Sociology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Previous Studies: Having acquired a bachelor’s degree from a relevant academic field such as business administration/economics, politics, law, administration, public health, education, social science, psychology and international relations/development as well as other subjects, insofar as the contents relating to the subject area of social protection encompass a minimum of 15 credits in accordance with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
- Relevant Work Experience: Proof of at least 5 months work experience (incl. unpaid internships and/or voluntary work) in a field related to social protection.
- English Proficiency
- Research Proposal: Having successfully passed the research proposal.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.