Delivered by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD), the Global Security and Strategy (Online) from SOAS University of London has an inter-disciplinary structure drawing on the teaching expertise and cutting-edge research of SOAS departments and the public discussion of security and strategy in a globalised world.
Students on this MA will gain an excellent understanding of Global Security and Strategy concepts, developing an in-depth critical understanding of their nature from both historical and contemporary contexts. Students will obtain a thorough grounding in the subject, as well as a sophisticated understanding of global policy and governance developments.
What is special about the programme at SOAS?
- The CISD programme provides a unique critical examination of security and strategy in a changing global climate. We address a range of questions facing those operating in the 21st Century:
- what mechanisms will allow the world to address the promise offered by the United Nations, on issues such as Global Climate Change, sustainable development and disarmament?
- How should we understand the shift from the high hopes at the end of the Cold War to the challenges to the fundamental architecture of global security systems today in the space of 30 years?
- How does security and strategy reconcile long term trends in humanity and the environment with short term political imperatives?
- To what extent has technology shaped conflict in the past and what is the impact of the likes of Artificial Intelligence going to be in the future?
This degree aims to prepare students for such roles as those within a Foreign Service or other government department, international organisations such as NATO, International NGOs (working in security fields), as well as multinational corporations and international media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Security
- Strategic Studies
- Afghanistan: Strategic and Geopolitical Perspectives
- America and the World: US Foreign Policy
- Digital Diplomacy
- Economics, Politics and Society in Africa
- Economics, Politics and Society in MENA
- Economics, Politics and Society in South Asia
- Finance, Sustainability and Climate Change
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science Terrorism & Security Artificial Intelligence View 31 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
- We welcome applications from academically strong individuals from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds.
- Candidates with a lower class degree but with degree-relevant work experience may be considered.
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.