The rapid development of information and communication technology in tourism has had a huge impact on tourist experiences. Online booking, social media usage during the trip, and the abundance of travel apps have changed the way people travel. More and more, choices are driven by online evaluations and experiences.
The sharing economy has disrupted traditional tourism practices, smart destinations are on the rise, and artificial intelligence and virtual reality are drivers of change in the tourism sector.
Work with the newest communication technologies
Experience engineering and design are at the core of successful management at tourist destinations.
This Innovation and Experience Design for Tourism programme from MODUL University Vienna will provide you with the tools and knowledge to create exceptional tourist experiences, preparing you for in-demand positions in the tourism sector.
You will gain deep insight into communication technologies in tourism, consumer usage and adoption, digital marketing for destinations, special sector tourism, smart destinations and know-how to create and develop experiences.Expand your knowledge in smart destinations and smart cities, social media management, digital marketing for destinations, experience design and creation, special sector tourism such as health tourism, and more.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Storytelling and Branding
- Smart Destinations
- The Sharing Economy
- Designing Tourism Experiences
- Big Data and Decision Support
- Search Engine Optimization & Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Consumer Behavior
- Hotel Real Estate Planning & Valuation
- Big Data and Decision Support
- Recommender Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesInnovation Management User Experience Design Tourism & Leisure View 7 other Masters in Innovation Management in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of a Bachelor university degree with a minimum duration of three years or completion of an equivalent degree relevant to the content of the study program
- A minimum of three years professional experience
- In exceptional cases, admission of persons who do not hold a university degree is possible if they can provide proof of an equivalent qualification. This can be e.g. diploma courses, further education plus extensive and relevant professional experience as well as other career related achievements. In this case, proof of a secondary school leaving certificate must be provided
International9500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4750 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4750 EUR per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.