With an increasingly ageing population comes higher healthcare and social care costs, and more age-related causes of morbidity and mortality. This means that there is a fast growing need for healthcare staff to have relevant up-to-date training and knowledge within elderly care, to meet the needs of an ageing society. Our programme is specially developed for healthcare professionals looking to further their clinical knowledge within elderly care.
Students of the Care of the Older Person (Online) Postgraduate Diploma from Diploma MSc further their knowledge through self-directed learning, tutor guided discussions and collaboration and learning with their colleagues in a multidisciplinary team. The Care of the Older Person Postgraduate Diploma is suitable for both UK and overseas graduates in medicine, nursing and allied professions, e.g. physiotherapists, dieticians etc, who work with older people.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- To provide a comprehensive, systematic and critical appraisal of issues in caring for older people to facilitate the implementation of evidence-based care and best practice.
- To develop skills that aid career progression and leadership potential within a complex and rapidly changing delivery environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Care of the elderly overview
- Confusion and Dementia
- Stroke and Age-Related Neurological Disorders
- Frailty and Continence
- Ethics and End of Life Care in the Elderly
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 160 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.