Diploma MSc is a collaborative partner of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David and on successful completion of this course, you will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in Care of the Elderly (Online).
With an increasingly ageing population comes higher healthcare and social care costs, and more age-related causes of morbidity and mortality. This means that there is a fast growing need for healthcare staff to have relevant up-to-date training and knowledge within elderly care, to meet the needs of an ageing society. Our programme is specially developed for healthcare professionals looking to further their clinical knowledge within elderly care.Students of the Postgraduate Diploma in Care of the Elderly further their knowledge through self-directed learning, tutor guided discussions and collaboration and learning with their colleagues in a multidisciplinary team. The Care of the Elderly Postgraduate Diploma is suitable for both UK and overseas graduates in medicine, nursing and allied professions, e.g. physiotherapists, dieticians etc, who work with older people.
OutcomesOn successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- To provide a comprehensive, systematic and critical appraisal of issues in caring for older people to facilitate the implementation of evidence-based care and best practice.
- To develop skills that aid career progression and leadership potential within a complex and rapidly changing delivery environment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Care of the Elderly
- Confusion and Dementia
- Stroke and Age-Related Neurological Disorders
- Frailty and Continence
- Ethics and End of Life Care in the Elderly
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 80 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
- Since our courses are conducted entirely online, they are accessible to both UK and international registered healthcare professionals.
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
International3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!