The one year MSc in Acute Medicine is available to those who have successfully completed the Acute Medicine (Online) Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits). This can be from Diploma MSc , the University of South Wales or from another UK university (having completed similar modules).
For those who have not completed the postgraduate diploma, you can apply for the Acute Medicine MSc as a two year course, consisting of eight modules (180 credits) with the first 120 credits deriving from the postgraduate diploma.
The Acute Medicine MSc course starts with an initial 10 week online module that will develop skills in critical appraisal and knowledge of research methodologies. Students then complete the professional project module, which consists of a 1,200 word proposal and 10,800 word professional project (dissertation).
On successful completion of the Acute Medicine MSc from Diploma MSc, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate reflection, creativity, an advanced knowledge and practical understanding of acute medicine to decision-making in unpredictable and/or complex patient scenarios and situations.
- Design and undertake research, development or strategic activities to inform the investigation and treatment of patients presenting to acute medicine.
- Take responsibility for planning and developing courses of action that initiate or underpin substantial developments in acute medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal
- Professional Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
180 credits with the first 120 credits deriving from the postgraduate diploma.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Administration Health Sciences View 163 other Masters in Health Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry to the one year Acute Medicine MSc will require successful completion of the Acute Medicine Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits). This can be from Diploma MSc, the University of South Wales or another UK university (having completed similar modules). We can discuss this with you during your application.
- Individuals who have not completed the postgraduate diploma can apply for the Acute Medicine MSc as a two year course consisting of eight modules (180 credits) with the first 120 credits deriving from the postgraduate diploma.
Entry requirements for the two-year course are as for the Postgraduate Diploma.
Applicants should be working in a clinical setting, either in the UK or overseas, and have a science degree in a relevant subject. You will also need to submit copies of the following with your application:
- Qualification certificates
- A maximum of two professional and/or academic references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.