The Middle East Studies Certificate from Yale University, recognizes competency in the history, society, politics, and culture of the Middle East.
Its award acknowledges substantial preparation in Middle East Studies, both in the student’s major graduate or professional field, and also in terms of the disciplinary and geographical diversity required to demonstrate expertise in the region as a whole.
- The Council on Middle East Studies welcomes students to participate in its robust program of courses and extracurricular and research-related activities.
- As a federally recognized National Resource Center, the Council supports language study and research in the region with federal grants and other funds.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Geography View 792 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Yale University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Language proficiency. At least two years of successful study at the college level (or the equivalent) in one of the four major modern languages of the Middle East: Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, or Turkish.
- Courses. A total of six courses in at least two disciplines on the Middle East and related issues. All courses must be completed with a passing grade.
- Interdisciplinary Research paper. A qualifying research paper that demonstrates field-specific research ability focused on the area of concentration. After having completed substantial coursework in the area of concentration, students must seek approval from the Council Faculty Advisor for the research project they propose as the qualifying paper. Normally, the student will submit their request no later than the fourth week of the term in which they plan to submit the qualifying paper.
International44500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44500 USD per year
National44500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44500 USD per year
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.