Invest in your future. Discover your potential. Lead your career.
Our MA in International Higher Education Management (IHEM) at University of Bath is one of a few Master’s degrees focusing on higher education management in a global context. We’ve designed this course for higher education professionals who want to progress to senior leadership positions.
The MA IHEM is a part-time two year course starting 16 May 2022. A blend of online and face-to-face learning, it combines two residentials in Bath with online learning, and assessment.
We want to help shape the next-generation of higher education management leaders. You will:
- learn how internationalisation impacts the daily challenges of managing a modern university
- discover, share and examine best practice from around the world
- equip yourself with the skills to improve management at your own institution
We want to inspire our graduates to push for change throughout the higher education sector.
We want to give you the practical skills and experience to advance your career. Instead of a traditional dissertation, you’ll do a six-month international consultancy project. You might want to look at an issue at your own institution or you might find someone on the course who can help get you access to work in a different country. This will allow you to apply best practice and demonstrate your expertise.
We’ve designed a programme of taught units to help you to become a more effective leader. Subjects include big data analytics, research and teaching management, and managing change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Innovation and change management in higher education
- Big data and IT governance in higher education
- Managing and enhancing teaching and research
- Managing internationalisation in higher education
- Understanding strategy and risk in international higher education management
- Planning and resource mobilisation in higher education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership Higher Education View 30 other Masters in Higher Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
At least one of:
- a first or second class honours degree, or international equivalent, awarded by an approved institution
- a relevant postgraduate diploma or postgraduate certificate awarded by an approved institution
We will also require a strong GMAT score from:
- candidates who do not have a degree, but have ten or more years' experience working in higher education, including some at a managerial level
- candidates who do not have five years' experience working in higher education, but have strong academic qualifications and other relevant experience
A satisfactory record of extended and responsible work experience in a relevant role in higher education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.