You will be taught about current and novel developments by leading researchers and clinicians within a highly influential research-active division of a Russel Group University.The Clinical and Health Psychology course from The University of Manchester has been designed to help prepare you for a career in clinical or health psychology and can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.You will also learn about the principles and evidence-base of psychological interventions to change behaviour and cognition at the individual, group and population level, as well as the role of psychologists within healthcare settings such as the NHS and how the science of psychology is applied in clinical practice.
In addition, you will receive advanced training in the methodology and analysis techniques used within clinical and health psychology research.
This course provides an excellent foundation in clinical and health psychology research, theory and practice, which can lead on to a wide range of careers.
Many of our students have gone on to study for PhDs, or train as clinical psychologists at Manchester and elsewhere. However, you could also pursue careers within the third sector or private settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods : Conducting Applied Research
- Facilitating Change
- Research Methods : Design and Analysis
- Health and Society
- Professional Issues
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend you apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Human Medicine Clinical Psychology View 733 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- We require an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) in psychology, or overseas equivalent, with evidence of attaining a minimum of an Upper Second in all BSc research methods units and the dissertation. We may accept a degree in which psychology forms a major component.
- Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
- International students (per annum): £12,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.