As well as gaining a broad knowledge of computing, you will acquire programming and data analysis skills using Python.
You will learn to solve general computational problems, utilising established algorithms and code libraries to develop simple everyday solutions for data cleansing, data science and analytics, machine learning and data visualisation.
You will also have the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge to a practical work-based project.
This Computing for Information Professionals programme at Birkbeck, University of London is designed for graduates who are new to computer science.
Graduates go on to careers working as information technologists or data analysts.
We offer a comprehensive Careers and Employability Service to help you advance your career, while our in-house, professional recruitment consultancy, Birkbeck Talent, works with London’s top employers to help you gain work experience that fits in with your evening studies.
- Analytic Tools for Data Science
- Demystifying Computing with Python
- PG Cert Applied Data Science Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Machine Learning View 220 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
- A second class honours degree in any subject other than computer science. Applicants with less than the required level of academic qualification may be considered if they have significant experience in the IT industry.
International5340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5340 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3120 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Birkbeck is committed to providing advice and support to help you finance your postgraduate studies. The government has introduced new loans for postgraduate students and, alongside these, we also offer flexible payment options and a hardship fund to support students who experience a change of circumstances while studying.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.