This one-year, full-time Manufacture and Commercialisation of Stem Cell and Gene Therapies programme from University College London will involve a combination of both biological and lab-based bioprocessing studies in conjunction with core research-based educational content covering a range of novel therapeutic modalities and the translation of these advanced therapies from the laboratory to the market.
Through close industry partner involvement in the development and delivery of this programme, you will be introduced to real-life case studies of novel therapeutic manufacture. In addition to being taught by UCL academics who will draw upon extensive industrial research collaborations, you will receive lectures from industry experts and guest speakers to provide you with the industrial relevance and the wider commercial context. You will, therefore, benefit greatly from the academic expertise and real-world commercial and clinical insights which will be brought together through this holistic educational approach.
The rapid developments in the stem cell and gene therapy fields have created skills shortage in this high-value manufacturing sector. Graduates from our undergraduate with a focus on advanced therapies have secured positions at leading national and international companies, ranging from SMEs to large companies including, but not limited to, Autolus, Meira GTx, GSK, Orchard Therapeutics, Novartis, ReNeuron, Sartorius and the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Therapy Manufacture
- Commercialisation, Regulation and Ethics of Advanced Therapies
- Pre-clinical and Clinical Analysis of Advanced Therapies
- Emerging Tools and Technologies for New Medicines
- Core Practical Research Skills
- MSc Advanced Therapy Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The programme may remain open if places are still available after 31 March and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biotechnology View 135 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in relevant subject (e.g. Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Business with a Biotechnology component) from a UK university or the equivalent from an approved overseas institution. Candidates offering recent industrial experience are also encouraged to apply.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Good
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.