About Community Music at University of Limerick
Students attain practical perspectives and hands-on experiences in the emerging field of Community Music in conjunction with developing the skills required to realise projects from their inception to their final execution. The Community Music programme MA is offered at the University of Limerick .
- To equip students with a professional qualification in Community Music
- To develop workshop skills, practical management and all other skills necessary for this work
- To add to the academic canon of community music writing
- To consider and be part of the development of community music in Ireland
- To promote access to excellent participatory music making
Orchestral outreach, Prison and Probation Service, Schools, Day Care settings, health settings, Youth Service, Local Authority, Arts Councils, Adult Education, Multicultural Arts groups.
- Community Music Skills
- Community Music in Context
- Independent Study
- Community Music Project
- Critical Contexts for Arts Management and Cultural Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Community Development View 29 other Masters in Music in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Limerick and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Primary degree in a suitable discipline with first or second class honours or an approved equivalent qualification (Primary degree: Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). Or an equivalent capability based on prior professional experience.
- A performance audition and interview will be required in all cases. Additional audio, visual or written material may be required.
- Garda clearance is also required for this programme.
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
- English language competency certificate
International15800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.