SMP students take medical level classes with the 1st year medical students at Georgetown SOM. The SMP provides a powerful message to medical school admission committees – the knowledge that our students can thrive academically at an advanced level.
A competitive applicant to the SMP will have an uptrend in undergraduate GPA, solid MCAT, good record of clinical and community service experiences and quality letters of recommendation.
What is the Special Master’s Program in Physiology at Georgetown University?
- SMP is the first and longest-running program of its kind and is highly respected by medical schools because of its rigorous medical curriculum.
- SMP students take classes alongside the medical students in the Georgetown School of Medicine and are graded directly against them.
- A comprehensive support system to assist students in their medical applications and in the program.
- Courses are taught by outstanding, awarding-winning professors, including the authors of Netter’s Essential Physiology by Dr. Mulroney and Dr. Myers.
- SMP has added another campus location in Georgetown Downtown. Students will experience the same rigorous coursework and have clinical and volunteer opportunities
- Graduates are admitted into schools across the country, including Georgetown School of Medicine.
- Medical Molecular & Cellular Physiology
- Medical Molecular Biology & Metabolism
- Medical Embryology & Introduction to Anatomical Sciences
- Medical Introduction to Pathology & Pharmacology
- Principles of Gross Anatomy
- Human Nutrition & Health
- Principles of Physiology
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiology View 94 other Masters in Physiology in United States
- Online Application
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree & Prerequisite Courses
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Average cumulative GPA is 3.3
- MCAT/GRE Score
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation or a Committee/Composite Letter Packet
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Supplemental Information
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applicable)
International55248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27624 USD per semester during 11 months.
National55248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27624 USD per semester during 11 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.